Monday, December 19, 2011

Mondays

I have exhausted my initial batch of misconceptions. I'm certain more will come to me, but for now I'm out.

So, I have a new thing for Monday. Megadungeon Monday. I've been wanting to do this, but just didn't have a unifying theme. Just this very morning, one hit me like a ton of bricks. I am very excited about it, excited to share it, and hopeful that I'll get some feedback and conversations going with it.

Even though I'll be looking at it as a mythic underworld, I still wanted it to have some historical context for existing. I do want research in town to be a viable and worthy option. I wanted a good backstory for the players that could at least hint at why this sprawling underground complex would come to be. As far as my referee's backstory goes, there is a certain point where the dungeon took on a mythical life of its own, thus obviating the need to give even a passing nod to reality issues.

The inaugural Megadungeon Monday is up next, with a rough draft of the backstory idea. Please let me know what you think.

1 comment: